Lavender Lid Fields -Hahnemühle Youtangle.Art Tile Tin @Hahnemühle_USA

I painted the lid of a Hahnemühle Youtangle.Art Tile Tin that I'm going to use as a travel palette. 



And dang it, why does always look as though you're starting well above the horizon line, and then, when you've got it half done, you realize you've placed something right in the center. Pooh!  The rooster in the corner in the embossed Hahnemühle logo. I decided to use it to add to the sense of distance.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I sprayed painted the inside lid with white enamel so I'd have a mixing surface, and taped down 15 full pans. To prep for the painting, I brushed the top of the lid with Daniel Smith watercolor ground.

Now I just have to figure out which 15 colors I want to carry around.


Comments